Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Husbands in the Kitchen

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Today is Kitchen Tip Tuesday at Tammy's Recipes, so be sure to check out the wonderful kitchen tips posted there.

Sunday I posted about how my hubby gave me a wonderful birthday celebration. He found recipes on the Internet and printed them out:



He made a "big" grocery shopping trip, after clipping coupons and taking inventory of our pantry and food cabinets. He was in the kitchen Sunday morning at 6:00 A.M. and worked on everything until mid afternoon, which included cleaning up. You can see more about my day in the prior post down below this one.

My tip for today is this: If your husband shows an interest in cooking, encourage him to be creative in the kitchen, be available if he needs help, and then show him that you admire and appreciate the fruits of his labor.

I want to thank my hubby and say, "Honey, it was great!"

Here are the links for the recipes he made:

Herb Roasted Pork Loin



Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes



Broccoli Casserole



Mixed Vegetable Casserole

Sorry, I didn't get a picture of this, but it was very appealing to the eye, trust me.

The meal also included my hubby's grandmother's recipe for cole slaw, a big plate of crescent rolls, a plate of pickles, and a birthday cake!

12 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Wow! That is awesome!! Happy belated birthday!

Mom2fur said...

Hey, Happy Belated Birthday! What a sweet and thoughtful gift from your husband. Very creative!
My husband's big thing in the kitchen is our Sunday pasta sauce. It's a tradition passed down from his mom and dad, and we all look forward to it.

Mary Ann said...

What a sweet gift! Happy birthday, Debbie!My husband makes a simple dish of garlic-butter spaghetti that we both enjoy, usually as a side dish. But it's always a treat when he makes even part of the meal! He doesn't often cook but he is a huge help to me with clean-up and getting stuff on the table if I ask him.

Anonymous said...

Now that's some good cookin'!

A meal from the heart always says "I love you". I'm in the mood myself to cook more this week, must be catchy... :)

Heather said...

he sure did go all out didn't he! what a wonderful meal you had. very special!

Lori Harris said...

I was there - it was GREAT. I only wish I had felt better so I could have eaten MORE!!

mub said...

What a great birthday gift! Those sweet potatoes look divine. I feel lucky that my husband cooks every now and then too =)

Unknown said...

Nice Birthday! My hubby is always in the kitchen. I love his cooking. He is the KING of gravy and salad dressing though :)

Susan said...

Debbie,
Happy belated birthday. What a nice thing for your husband to do. It all looks yummy. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I have enjoyed reading your blog.
Blessings,
Susan

Sue said...

Hello Debbie,
I just love your new blog look,!!!! the pictures of the food that your dh made look so delicious. It looks like we both have two wonderful husbands to brag about.
Have a blessed day!!!
Sue

Janel said...

Debbie,
I just LOVE the apron! You are the BEST when it comes to sewing!!! The materials that you use are just adorable!!!

Thank you so much for the extra grocery bag...that was soooooo sweet of you (I guess you can tell that I just love those bags!!!).

I just can't say thank you enough!
Love Ya, Janel

momstheword said...

Hahaha! Yes, I did think you were 40. What a wonderful, sweet hubby you have! Happy birthday (even though it's late)!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...