Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Junk Drawer Challenge

I have been decluttering my home lately and love the results. While I was waiting for pizzas to cook tonight, I organized my "junk drawer". Here's the before picture:



Now I ask you. How many bread ties does one need to function in today's society?



I counted our stash and there were 48! Maybe I should organize them by color....



In the true spirit of decluttering, I think I'll put them in the trash compactor!



Here's the after picture of my junk drawer.




I think it would look nicer if I had some long rectangular organizers. I'll check Dollar Tree next time I'm in there.

Does anyone want to post before and after pictures of their junk drawers? If so let me know so I can check it out.

Or leave me a comment of what is the weirdest, silliest or most useless items in your junk drawer!

6 comments:

Lori Harris said...

Haha! I think I remember putting some bread ties in there when I was little. Why on earth did I do that? :)

Mary Ann said...

I bake our bread and my bags don't come with ties. So after a twist-tie shortage about a year ago, I keep every one I can find.:-) So far they haven't taken over and I keep them in a Ziploc bag and re-use them over and over.

This post made me smile!

ancient one said...

No you didn't... I can never have enough twist ties... I use them for everything... they are perfect for keeping the Christmas lights in place out side... you can twist several together and those lights will lay right up on top of the fence...you can even peel the paper off those little wires and use it to fasten the arm back to your glasses until you can find a screw... and, and, they keep the flag in place...besides just using them for what they were originally made for... twisting bags closed.....You can hardly open my junk drawer for all the stuff in there....Laughing all the way....

Anonymous said...

I should have shown you my junk drawer(s) when you were here. You would feel especially good. Yours was not bad, but is now even better!

Marjorie

Angela said...

You only have ONE junk drawer? I am embarrassed to admit that there is one in almost every room in the house! But it is all useful junk...I think!

Mom2fur said...

Looks great!
I save the flat plastic bread ties. I put them on the ends of rolls of tape, so they don't get 'stuck.' You know how hard it is to find the end of a roll, especially packing tape! I found this trick ages ago and it's saved me lots of grief.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...