Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Church Cook Books


Its Kitchen Tip Tuesday. For more Kitchen tips go to Tammy's Recipes.

I was organizing my cookbooks last week and realized that a lot of my cook books are from church fundraisers. I have Methodist, Catholic, Presbyterian and Baptist cook books! I'm not sure if any denomination has better cooks, but these are my "go to" cook books more than any other. My first cook book was from a Methodist church and was a wedding present years ago. It is dog eared and yellowed, but has some of my family's favorite recipes.

My tip is this: If someone is selling church cook books, buy one. Not only are you helping a good cause, you gain the wisdom of all those church ladies!!! That's something money usually can't buy.

6 comments:

Janel said...

I also buy them when elementary schools are selling them. The money is needed there as well. I like the changes to your blog :)
Janel

Anonymous said...

I love those kind of cookbooks - they are wonderful and you know the recipes will be good.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right! I have several church cookbooks... probably too many... but they are all good!

Mom2fur said...

Church cookbooks are the best! This is because they are full of tried and true recipes used for real families...not tested in some kitchen lab. Some of the best recipes come from the lady down the block, don't they?
I'm totally flabbergasted, btw, that you've never made an apron!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

I agree and I also have many from different churches. In fact, because I have so many, it gave the the ideal to gather recipes from family and friends of my nephew, who is a quadriplegic, and have them made into a cookbook to raise money for his physical therapy. We were very successful in selling all of them and had to reorder. I spent alot of time working on it but it was worth it and I, of course, bought one and am enjoying using it also.

Stormy said...

I LOVE church cookbooks!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...