Sunday, September 7, 2008

This Week's Plans

The most important thing going on with me this week is that My Mama is going to have surgery to have a pacemaker put in. We hope this will help her quality of life and is medically necessary to allow her to change blood pressure medications. The one she is taking now has the side effect of making her potassium level go extremely high, which makes it necessary to have it tested every few days and if its high, take this yucky bottle of medicine which has very unpleasant side effects. The medicine does work, but she can't keep going through this much longer. She has a problem tolerating blood pressure medicine. The one she will be taking after the pacemaker is put in slows down her heart rate too much, so the pacemaker will keep her heart rate at the right speed. Hopefully it will also make her feel better because her pulse rate is a little low, even without taking the new blood pressure medicine.

My understanding of the procedure for having a pacemaker put in is that its very low risk, involves only a local anesthetic and one night in the hospital. But, since my mother is 83 years old, I'm not taking anything for granted. I will be with her in the hospital. My siblings and I will be giving her some extra time and attention for a few days afterward also to make sure everything is ok.

So say a little prayer for her well being! She's not happy about going back into the hospital. :o(

On the home front, last week I planned to deep clean in my zone (front entrance, dining area and front porch) and made much progress! I am very pleased. I didn't complete everything on the list but did complete most of it.

This week I am working in the kitchen and hope to accomplish the following:

1. Clean oven
2. Clean burner pans and top of stove
3. Declutter cabinets and organize them. Especially the cabinet that I keep plastic containers and lids in, the pots and pans cabinet and underneath the sink.
4. Detail clean the floor
5. Clean any cobwebs
6. Wipe down the fronts of the cabinets
7. Wipe down the fronts of all appliances
8. Clean out and wipe down the inside and outside of the refrigerator. (top!)
9. Clean inside and outside of microwave oven
10. Dust everything hanging on the wall and the shelf, running items through the dishwasher that aren't used very often, like cups on display.

Question? Do any of you have a system for storing plastic bowls and lids used for leftovers, etc. Ours drive us crazy. I can never find the lid that goes to the bowl I want to use, and vice versa. I am tempted to throw all of them away and start over!

Menus for this week:

Saturday: Roasted Chicken, rice, string beans, pasta salad and sliced tomatoes.

Sunday: Crock Pot Roast, "Planned Over" rice, string beans, pasta salad and sliced tomatoes.

Monday: Tacos with ground beef mixture, shredded lettuce, sour cream and cheese

Tuesday: Spaghetti, Salad, garlic bread

Wednesday: Will be away at the hospital. My family will probably have pizzas.

Thursday: (If I'm home) Chicken Fajitas using boneless chicken breast strips, and bell pepper strips with fajita seasoning.

Friday: Pork chops, roasted potatoes, broccoli and cheese.

Have a great rest of your Sunday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I am sorry to hear that your mama has to go in the hospital but I hope the end result will be of great help to her. She's been through a lot this year, and it's certainly understandable why she does not want to go back.

I'll be praying for her and you also this week and hope that all goes smoothly.

You're doing so well on your zone work. I'm really impressed with all you have done! What I like about how you are doing it is that zone work can be done anytime, not just in the spring and that if it's broken down it does not have to be overwhelming. I just might make my own little plan to accomplish some similar tasks.

Take care my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
Dave's mom had a pace maker put in this week and she is in her late 70's. She did very good. She said it was no big deal.I hope your mom does well too. I started my fall cleaning on Saturday. Your are doing well with your cleaning.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

You sound like you have been very energetic!

As far as your question about the tupperware. If you haven't guessed it about me yet, I keep everything to a minimum. ha. I have 3 different sizes, 3 or 4 per size, all stacked within each other with the lids on top. If I happen to need more or need a large one, I will use a mixing bowl with foil on top.

I will be keeping your mama and you in my prayers!

ancient one said...

I will be praying that all goes well for your mom. (hugs)

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I will say a prayer for your Mama. I am 53 years old and have been battery-powered for over 2 years now. It's good that you will help your Mama out after the surgery. I hope she'll feel a lot better with the pacemaker. For the first year and a half I had to have some adjustments made to mine (I am 100% pacemaker dependent and have the "rate response" feature turned on) but now I don't even notice that I have a pacemaker.

I keep my plastic containers in 2 deep drawers. One is for the smaller containers, up to about 4 cups and the other is for the larger containers. It's not a perfect system. Periodically, I go through them and match the lids to the containers and put any "extras" in a ziploc bag, just in case their partners show up within the next year or so.

I have my blog set to "private" at this time but if you have any questions you can write to me at kadjelily AT yahoo DOT ca.

Terri said...

Debbie, I'm praying for a successful procedure. My mil recently had one put in with no problems and she is 73.

Alexandra said...

Prayers for your mama, Debbie.

Anonymous said...

I stack all the containers by size, then put all the lids vertical with a plate holder/pan lid holder type gadget.

For left overs the Hubby takes to work I have a shelf of all the SAME.the shape, size and lids all match. Those stack nice in the freezer too that way.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...