Friday, May 16, 2008

Heart Strings Update

I posted yesterday about the story of my neighbor, Edison, here.

I'm sad to report that Edison passed away early this morning. I got the call before leaving for work and was able to wake Jacob, tell him about it and spend a few minutes with him. He's really sad, but knows that Edison couldn't live like he was and that he wouldn't want to live like that.

I went over to my neighbor's house to give some hugs and share some Edison stories before going to work. Why do we wait until a person has died to share these things? We never knew he had so many friends or had done so many good deeds! I miss him already! It'll be sad to not ever see his truck going by again...

Thanks for your prayers!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your elderly friend! My heart is drawn to older folks too. I pray that his sister will be ok. It's good she has your family for neighbors, who will take care of her.

Mrs. Pharris said...

What a blessing that Jacob (I have one of those!) and Edison were able to be friends.

Prayers for their family, and thank you for your kind comment on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.Since your story I have been thinking about him. I also have a soft spot for the elderly. I'm sorry to hear he passed away.

I think its great that Jacob and Edison had a friendship. The elderly have so much wisdom to share with younger generations! I'm sure he will be missed!

Melinda

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) and prayers, especially for Edison's sister who will miss him so much.

lv,

Joy

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...