Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday

I am very thankful for my laundry room! Its not too big, but years ago my laundry area was in a hallway covered by folding doors, or even worse, the laundromat. So, I know how blessed I am to have it. I have some of my favorite things in there. There are pictures of my children, a small table my husband bought me and a long rug in front of the washer an dryer, which help make the laundry experience more cheerful.

The only complaints I have are that its located in a high traffic area and there isn't anywhere to hang clothes. I hang a lot of clothes on hangers, some straight from the washing machine to air dry and some straight from the dryer.

I purchased these very sturdy, large plastic over the door hooks which hold a lot of hangers. If my memory serves me right, they were $1.00 for two in a pack. They are so sturdy, that I've had them for years.

I like to hang each person's clothes on a different hook which makes it easy for each person to take their clothes to their closet. There are four different doors in the area that I can hang a hook on. A couple of the hooks stay there all the time, but a couple of them I take down when not in use.




I tend to do most of my laundry on Saturdays. Its an all day thing, but I don't mind! My laundry room is located right next to my sewing room and its just a minor inconvenience to stop sewing and go move the laundry along its way.

I also love over the door hooks like these for the bedrooms.

For more Works For Me Wednesday tips go to Rocks in my Dryer.

4 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Great idea for making the most of the space you have. I hang a lot on hangers too.

I have been watching your blog for a while, guess it's about time I comment!

Unknown said...

That is a simple but VERY helpful idea!

Anonymous said...

Great idea about putting each person's clothes on their own hook!

Melinda

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking I'm running out of room on top of our clothes rack -- the door hooks are a great idea! I could just move the one from the "guest" bathroom that only gets used occasionally into the laundry room. Thanks!

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...