Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Small Space Help

My Works For Me Wednesday Tip this week is how to make more efficient use of small spaces. These are some ideas I put to use in one of my bathrooms.

The bathroom that my sweetie and I (and sometimes my other two guys) share is small. It has 2 doors which allow entrance from two bedrooms. I wanted to have a place to put my stuff that was functional, yet not too plain, so I went to my local Dollar General Store and purchased a basket that would fit on the back of the commode. I put my makeup, etc. in it like this:




The tall container that I put tall items like makeup brushes in is a wine glass. The short glass container that hold q-tips and short items like lipstick are candle holders. I am able to put all of my makeup and other necessities for getting ready in the morning in this one space. If someone is in the shower I can just go get my basket and use it in another area.

I also needed somewhere to store other items and bought this shelf. I like to have certain items here so I don't have to go digging around in the vanity.




We keep the towels, washcloths, toilet paper, extra toothpaste and soap, etc. in the vanity. I need to organize the medicine cabinet and the vanity, so I didn't want to show you pictures of that! LOL

For more "Works For Me Wednesday Ideas", go to Rocks in My Dryer.

7 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Great minds think alike. I have an almost identical setup in our new little bathroom. (and love it) I have a wire container on the back of the toilet, holding lotions, hair spray, etc. The other basket hangs over the door and I keep my hair dryer, flat iron, and "currently being used" towels there to dry!

Toni said...

What great ideas!!when you have time stop by my blog!!I have an award for you!!I`ve enjoyed your blog for a while now and feel you deserve it!!!Blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I like your ideas for the bathroom. We have a small one here too and since cupboard space is limited I have too many things out on the bathroom counter and feel it's too cluttered.

I definitely think some shelving would be helpful. I wanted to buy an etagiere (one of those things that stands over the toilet with shelving space). They are not very frugal though.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you are having a great week!

Mamabug said...

I use a wicker "office organizer" thing myself. It holds my tall stuff like hairspray upright. I think is is a file folder/pencil box/ combo thing. Is that clear as mud?

Missy said...

I do the same with my makeup. Brilliant minds think alike ;)

Mom2fur said...

Oh, I love that hanging shelf with the hooks! I'm going to hunt around for something like that. I scrub-cleaned my bathroom the other day (even the medicine cabinet shelves) and after all that work it hardly looked like I did anything for all the different bottles of shampoo, conditioner and hair treatments! This would be much, much nicer.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. alike my!)

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...