Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday - Uses for Cloth Napkins



I made a stack of cloth napkins from leftover or scrap fabric I had on hand. If you keep a basket on your counter with a stack of these in full view of everyone, they can save a lot of paper towels and paper napkins.

Here are some uses:

1. Of course, when eating meals.

2. Fold into a square and use for coasters. This is my cup of coffee on one while I'm at the computer.



3. Fold in half and use for a spoon rest.



4. Put in lunches you pack for family members to take to work or school.


5. To wipe up most anything.


6. Grab one when the baby spits up and there's no burp cloth around!!!


7. Put one with a meal you might take to a shut-in or elderly person.


I'm sure you could think of many other uses!

For more kitchen tips, please go to Tammy's Recipes.

9 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Great ideas... love your napkins.

Monica said...

I love your ideas! We really need to start using cloth napkins too!

Martha said...

I love my cloth napkins. It just seems to give everyday living a bit of a more "homier" feel.

Thanks for the tips!

Blessings,
~Martie

Mom2fur said...

I used one this morning to clean the dust out of the decorative crevices in my dresser! I wet it, squeezed out most of the water, and just used the corner to run along the crevices.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea. I am curious about what the dimensions are that you use. I realize that they could be "tea" size, "luncheon" size or a generous "dinner" size.

This is very good to use up remnants if you do not have a quilt use for them.

Love your blogs. mljw

Anonymous said...

You are so resourceful - I love the basket of napkins, they look lovely! Great idea for using your fabric scraps too.

Anonymous said...

They look so pretty. I'd hate to use them.

Lori Harris said...

As I read this post I was actually USING a cloth napkin! I was using it as a makeshift plate for some bread so I wouldn't strow crumbs all over the place and so I wouldn't have to wash an extra plate.

Unknown said...

Those love absolutely lovely! The basketfull alone makes for nice decor.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...