Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturday Sewing and Eating

I was able to sew some simple projects today and do a little cooking! I made the 4 napkins and coasters with the deer/natural theme I have been planning to complete.

This is my cutting mat, rotary cutters, candle and diet store brand cola. I was all set. The cutting mat and one of the rotary cutters was a birthday gift from my sister a few years ago. I can't imagine sewing without it now that I've gotten used to it.




Here is the fabric about to be cut.



These are the finished napkins and coasters.





I cut the place mats out and they are ready to sew as soon as I can round up some quilt batting. I have been using my left over pieces so much lately that I'm not sure I have enough to finish the place mats. I may have to purchase some more!


These are two mini wallets I made to match the pocketbook I made a couple of weeks ago. I have already filled these up with "stuff" and put them in the pocketbook.



This is what our lunch looked like today. This is a pork loin purchased for 50% off. I just seasoned it with salt and pepper and roasted it in the oven, but intend to try some other tastier recipes next time. (Thanks Penny for the new recipe:o) This is a typical Southern meal, pork and black eyed peas, and very easy! I'm thinking about purchasing a couple more of these before the sale ends to freeze.



The roast sliced beautifully and I made sandwiches from it for my son's lunchbox tonight. I've been trying to put more homemade foods in there instead of just the standard ham sandwiches and chips. I know he appreciates the variety! I would!

6 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Your coasters and napkins are wonderful. I am making 24 napkins this week. Did you use a pattern for the wallets? I need to go back and look at your pocketbook.

Mrs.T said...

Your sewing projects are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Aunt Jenny said...

I need to make some new napkins soon too. I love yours!!
And that roast and black eyed peas (my favorites!!) look yummy!
I sure enjoyed your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
How pretty. Once my home is back together I want to make some of the wallets.
Your lunch loked yummy.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Little Penpen said...

The wallets look great! Good job! Your lunch looks yummy too! It looks like you made good use of your time this weekend.

Bobi Jensen said...

Fun. I'm jealous, it'll probably be awhile till I can sew again.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...