Wednesday, October 3, 2007

MY LITTLE YELLOW VAC



This is one of my favorite cleaning tools. Its my little yellow vac. Its the best thing for vacuuming all of my hard surfaced floors, especially the kitchen, laundry room and front entry way. I could sweep until the cows came home and I couldn't get up all the dirt, pet hair, and dust like this little machine.

I like to keep it plugged in and out of the way in the laundry room so I can just grab it anytime and go. If I want to do an especially good job, like right before mopping, I will take the broom and just sweep out from under places the little yellow vac won't go, like between the fridge and wall, under the edges of stuff and then vacuum. I move light weight things like chairs and plants over and vacuum under them as I go. It gets the dirt up right up to the edge of the walls.

It has a little filter that you clean out after about 2 or 3 vacuumings. Sometimes I clean it every time I use it. I am always amazed at how much stuff it picks up after just one pass through the kitchen,when the floor didn't even seem dirty. I just pour the dirt from the plastic container and throw the biggest hair/fuzz/stuff from the filter in the trash can and take the filter outside and beat it on a wall. This cleans it very well and then just return it to the vacuum and you are ready for the next cleaning.

Its also so easy to get out and put away. My big carpet vacuum is just too much trouble to get out on a daily basis. The little yellow vac is small and the handle goes back inside the machine so it will fit in a small space like in the closet in my laundry room here:




My friend has an older home that has hard wood floors throughout and she was the one that told me about this little machine. She loves hers too!

This little yellow vac isn't meant to vacuum big carpets. It will vacuum the lent and dirt laying on the top of the carpet, but isn't meant for deep carpet vacuuming. For hard surfaced floors like your kitchen it is great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AND WE GOT THE YELLOW VAC @ A HARDWARE SHOW FOR $20.00 (?) I THINK. YOU DO A GREAT JOB HONEY.
LOVE, PAPA JACK

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...