Monday, July 16, 2007

Baby Shower



The baby shower was a great success!!! I was glad to mark that goal on my sidebar DONE! It was a floating shower so people could come anytime between 2 and 4. They came in and watched their gift being opened, then went to get a plate of food, and then socialize. We had a good turnout, the perfect amount for the space we had.
The food was as follows: Cake, punch, pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate and then sprinkled with blue sprinkles, a veggie tray with ranch dip, sausage balls, ham and poppy seed party rolls, white seedless grapes, nuts, brownie bites, pineapple cheeseball with crackers and meatballs.

The decorations were "Its a Boy" banners, balloons and streamers and blue and white serving dishes, paper plates and napkins, and blue and white table cloths.

The cutest thing was a clothesline we strung up across the living room over the parents to be. On it we hung up little tiny baby clothes, diapers, shoes, and blue paper hearts, etc. It was really cute!

I'll store all the decorations, serving dishes, etc. and save for future showers!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous! Everything looked so pretty; you did a great job putting together the food and decorations! I'm sure you are breathing a sigh of relief to have it behind you... now on to the baby!!!

Bake Me A Cake! said...

What a beautiful family you have! Congratulations on becoming a grandma!!!! Your daughter is beautiful and the shower looked so nice. What precious memories...

DarcyLee said...

What alot of good ideas you have for a shower. I'd never heard of a floating one before, but that is a great idea. It would make it more convenient for guests.

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...