Monday, March 1, 2010

Thrift Store Picture Re-Do

I made a quick stop at a thrift store on my way home from work on Friday. I am currently doing a BIG DECLUTTER, DONATE AND TOSS, at my house, so I was very careful to limit my purchases so as not to bring more clutter back into the house. I really should go to the back door of the store, drop off my donations and stay out of the "store part" of the store.

But anyway, I love winter and farm scenes and fell in love with this picture.



I took it apart, cleaned it, asked hubby to spray paint the frame white, tied a black and white checked ribbon on the back for hanging and this is how it turned out.



I think it will be very cute for the country farm house decorating theme that I love.

12 comments:

Terri said...

That turned out so cute. What a difference a different color frame makes! Good job, Debbie.

Carolyn @ Thrifty Journal said...

Debbie,
I really like it. It's amazing what a couple of little tweaks can do to a thrift store find. :-)

Blessings

TamaraP. said...

WoW! What a difference! I love it!

TamaraP.

Beth said...

I love it! I should remind myself that I can spray paint a frame when I see a crappy one in the future.

Little Penpen said...

I would have bought that picture too! I love the re-do!!!

Mary Ann said...

That turned out so cute! I love the black and white ribbon.

Anonymous said...

A neat idea, Debbie. And, it turned out so well. Will look great on the yellow wall you showed in the house you expect to buy.

Marjorie

Donna said...

Your project turned out perfect!
I've got to get some of that balck and white ribbon. It looks so good on that frame.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
How pretty. It will look good in the other place too. :)
Hugs,
Elizabeth

ancient one said...

Love it!!

Lori Harris said...

I love it!!! That's really awesome!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I know what you mean about not even going in the door at the thrift shop...but the picture turned out beautifully. I am doing a major de-clutter too! Good Luck...

Stay Cozy, carrie

Glimpses of Home - first quarter of 2021

I made a list of my 2021 goals that I wrote down in the back of my planner.  Its time to review that to see how I am doing! But, here are a ...